Quantity incorporated in Unit. Indicated the
(4) F o u r t h . Using the repair parts list, find
quantity of the item used in the breakdown shown on the
the assembly or subassembly to which the repair part be-
illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group,
longs and locate the illustration figure and item number
subfunctional group, or an assembly.
noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is
E-4. Special Information. Not applicable.
(1) First. Using the index of National stock
E-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
numbers and part numbers, find the pertinent National
When National Stock Number or Part Number is
stock number or part number. This index is in ascending
NIIN sequence, followed by a list of part numbers in as-
(1) First. Using the table of contents, deter-
cending alphanumeric sequence (e.g., MS will precede M1)
mine the group within which the repair part belongs. This is
cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item
necessary since i Illustrations are prepared for functional
groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
(2) S e c o n d . F i n d t h e i l l u s t r a t i o n c o v e r i n g
number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
the functional group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the il-
lustration and note the illustration figure and item number
E-6. Abbreviations. Not applicable.
of the repair part.